Pronto Networks Announces New Customers for its Hotspot Managed Services

Pronto Networks teams up with Hot Spot Operators to Roll-Out Over 200 Wi-Fi Hot Spots throughout the U.S.

Emeryville, CA, September 17, 2002 – Pronto Networks, developer of secure wireless infrastructure solutions for public access WLANs, today announced multiple new customers for its Hotspot Managed Services. These customers include: AccessAnyplace, Celerity Wireless, Fortifire, Global Touch, iDockUSA, InfraTech Network Communications, WebcastUS, Wireless Evangelists, and Wireless Hotspot. Under this arrangement, Pronto will provide all the equipment for the hot

spot locations as well as the back-office operations for the wireless service, including credit card processing, billing, roaming, etc. Pronto customers will be deploying Pronto’s Hotspot Controller, determining pricing plans and network policies, and branding the service for each hot spot location. In aggregate, these customers will be deploying over 200 hot spots over the next year at public locations, such as airports, hotels and cafés.

“Pronto’s business model allows us to enter the hot spot market with minimal upfront expenditures,” said Seth Daniels, CEO of Wireless Evangelists. “Upfront costs are limited to the cost of the hardware, the Hotspot Controller. All other costs are variable.” Pronto’s model is based on a revenue share model, where 75% of end-user revenue goes to the Hotspot Network Operator, to be shared with the property owner as desired. The remaining 25% goes to Pronto for operating the data center for the hot spot services and performing all the billing, revenue settlement, and network monitoring for the services as well as customer service.

Each partner has identified high-traffic areas that are prime for hot spots. AccessAnyplace, for example, is targeting areas such as car dealerships where customers often spend time waiting for car services to be completed. AccessAnyplace goes one step further by providing a customer terminal device, a web tablet, for the end-user at these locations. “Car dealerships will be able to offer wireless services as a differentiated service and will improve customer satisfaction,” said Mark Williams, President of AccessAnyplace.

InfraTech is targeting both corporate and consumer users in highly concentrated areas throughout New York City. “We are currently rolling-out our Wireless Internet Service Express (WISE) service in areas such as airports, hotels, train stations, restaurants, coffee shops, bookstores, and libraries throughout the New York metropolitan area,” said Varun Sehgal, President of InfraTech Network Communications.

Wireless Hotspot, Inc. is targeting frequently visited restaurants and cafes surrounding college campuses in Southern California. “We have learned that students at Wi-Fi-enabled campuses want to have these same wireless capabilities at venues surrounding their campus,” said Joseph Hsieh, Co-Founder of Wireless Hotspot. Wireless Hotspot also plans to offer a student portal where users can locate and communicate with other students logged onto their network.

Pronto’s Hotspot Managed Services also offers the flexibility hot spot operators seek. “Pronto’s solution enables us to offer whatever service plan we choose to our end-users,” said Joe Germanotta, President of Global Touch. Global Touch offers end-users wireless Internet access via their “GuestWiFi”-branded pre-paid cards. Users can purchase daily, hourly, or meeting passes at a growing number of hotels in the Northeast.

iDockUSA is leveraging Pronto’s customizable solution to target marinas on the West Coast. “We have a captive, affluent audience in marinas,” said Michael Taylor, Co-Founder of iDockUSA. “With Pronto’s solution, we are able to provide our users quality dedicated access as well as free access to weather and other local information through walled garden web pages.”

“We are very pleased to be working with these innovative Hot Spot Operator partners,” said Jasbir Singh, CEO of Pronto Networks. “Each partner is providing unique, value-added services to differentiate themselves from the competition.”

About Pronto Networks
Based in Emeryville, CA, Pronto Networks develops and markets wireless turnkey solutions for hotspot network operators. The company has offices in London, UK and Bangalore, India. For more information, visit http://www.prontonetworks.com.

For more information, please contact:
Mary Malecki
Pronto Networks
(415) 828-8239
mary@prontonetworks.com